Community Council – 18th December 2017

DRAFT MINUTES of meeting Kirkcowan Community Council held on Monday 18th December 2017 at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan‘s Hall

Minutes for 18th December 2017

Present: Mr J Paterson, Mr J Adair, Mrs W Baird, Mrs J Mortiboy, Mrs A Dabner, Cllr J McColm,
Mr K Tinker, Mr D Conduit, Ms S Gray, Mrs W Wood, Mr N Ward, Mr P McAllister, Mrs J Sommerville Mr D Harper ,Mr M Gumersell, Mr D McKenzie, Miss C Wilson.

1. Mr Paterson welcomed everyone to the meeting.

2. APOLOGIES: Mr R Drysdale, Cllr D Inglis.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
• Defibrillator – Demonstration was well attended. Have a follow up demo for people who
could not attend the first one. Install CCTV camera on village hall. – all agreed.

• Mast – Mr A Gladstone not present at meeting, not sure when the work is commencing.
Accepted as a true and correct record ‐ Proposed ‐ Mr R Drysdale Seconded – Mr K Tinker.

4. POLICE MATTERS: No police present.

5. TREASURERS REPORT: Account No 1 ‐ £ 521.48 Account No 2 ‐ £ 15,481.45

6. CORRESPONDANCE:

7 ACOB
Twinning ‐ Mr N Ward informed the meeting about the accident involving children from a village 18 miles from Sournia, 5 died and several with life changing injuries – NW requested KCC to write letter of condolence all agreed ‐ ACTION WB.

Graveyard – Mr D Harper reported to the meeting that someone in the village is constantly having items from their loved ones grave damaged/vandalised. There is also a lot of dog mess in the graveyard, 2 dogs that are let in the graveyard off leads. Dog Warden to be contacted ASAP to attend a meeting in village hall open for all to attend – ACTION WB.

KCC Meetings – Mr D McKenzie had been asked by someone in the village why they have to leave the community council meeting when the committee remain to discuss Kirkcowan Community Development Trust Applications. Mr J Paterson stated they are more than welcome to remain if they wish but cannot voice their opinion.

Beechgrove – KCC have meeting with DGC Roads Department on Wednesday 20th December. Police will not be at meeting and will report back to KCC meeting in February.

Icy Conditions – Mr J Paterson had received a complaint about the road being very icy outside the school gates, so contacted DGC. There are 4 bins in the village with sand/salt for spreading.
Contractors were gritting pavements but only with shovels from the back of a lorry – not satisfactory as the whole pavement does not covered – Mr J McColm to speak to DGC.

Federation Update – Mr A Gladstone not present at meeting.

Christmas Eve ‐ Service in Church all welcome, 6.30pm – Santa will be there.

Community Benefit Fund – Money received from Glenchamber. Payment overdue from Kilgallioch meeting with them on 27th December 17. In January 2018 advert in paper for 4 directors.

Village Hall Report – Mr K Tinker congratulated the village hall committee on their excellent
Community Christmas event, all agreed. It was very well attended. Ms S Gray reported that the
raffle raised just over £700.

Road Gullies – Mr M Gumersell requested KCC to contact DGC Roads Department ‐ gullies to be cleared on B733 out of Kirkcowan. ACTION WB

Mr Paterson thanked everyone for coming ‐ The meeting closed at 8.35pm.
The next meeting of Kirkcowan Community Council will be held on Monday 19th February 2018 at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan’s Hall.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary)