Community Council – 20th November 2017

DRAFT MINUTES of meeting Kirkcowan Community Council held on Monday 20th November 2017 at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan‘s Hall

Minutes for 20th November 2017

Present: Mr J Paterson, Mr J Adair, Mrs W Baird, Mrs J Mortiboy, Mrs A Dabner, Cllr Nichol,
Mr K Tinker, Mr D Conduit, Ms S Gray, Mr R Drysdale, Mrs W Wood, Mr A Gladstone, Mrs H
McWhirter, Ms J Ward, Mr P McAllister.

1. Mr Paterson welcomed everyone to the meeting.

2. APOLOGIES: Cllr Hagmann, Mrs J Sommerville, Mr D Harper, Mr M Gumersell, Mr D McKenzie

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Accepted as a true and correct record.
Proposed ‐ Mr R Drysdale Seconded – Mr K Tinker.

4. POLICE MATTERS: No police present.

5. TREASURERS REPORT: Account No 1 ‐ £ 497.48 Account No 2 ‐ £ 15,593.85

6. CORRESPONDANCE:

  • Kirkcowan Village Hall Christmas Competition – Decorate a Christmas tree, max height 3ft, lights to be battery operated – judged on 16 December 17.
  • Kirkcowan Village Hall Hiring Agreement – All user groups need to sign – some parts of form not relevant to regular users.
  • DGC Provision of Christmas Lights ‐ £200 received from DGC. Money will be put towards
    Kirkcowan Village Hall decorations – Application in for grant £275.99 – grant will be amended to request £75.99.
  • Responce to blind spot at Bowling Green – DGC stated they will erect additional signs and paint SLOW on tarmac in both directions. SLOW already painted on tarmac. No funds to widen road and provide footpath. Correction to last minutes AG has not contacted Church of Scotland – will speak to Church members at meeting on 21 November 17 and report back at next Community Council Meeting ‐ ACTION AG. Windfarm money cannot be used to fund works DGC are responsible for. WB to contact DGC for site visit and Police re road/pedestrian safety – ACTION WB. Cllr Nichol confirmed he would speak to Cllr Inglis and report back to JP on 21/11/17. – ACTION CLLR NICHOL
  • Responce to dog fouling – DGC stated they will put up more signs and get Community Safety Officers to visit on an ad hoc basis.
  • Stephanie Gosling – Dead/wounded deer – Report in Free Press and Galloway Gazette
    regarding deer being hit by vehicles on the A75. AG informed the meeting that more signs will be put up.

8. ACOB
Defibrillator Update – Demonstration on how to use the defibrillator to be held on Monday 11th December 17 at 6pm. Poster in PO and info in Newsletter. Need as many people as possible to attend.

Federation Update – meeting held a month ago – community workshop session – most popular topic discussed was speeding – not many community council members attended.

Machars Action Update – JP went to meeting. New Chair appointed Willie McCartney.

Christmas Eve – Service in Church all welcome – Santa will be there.

Christmas Lights – put on tree 1st week of December. JA to organise for star to be put up on church tower. – ACTION JA

Village Hall Report – Community Christmas event for all community on 16th December 17 ‐ 2pm – 4pm – Raffle tickets on sale £1/strip in PO – tea, coffee, mince pies, shortbread provided, decorated Christmas trees will be judged, quizzes, word search and face painting. There will also be a post box for letters to Santa, choir will be there too.

St Andrews Day – JP to put flag up – ACTION JP

Mobile Phone Mast – AG informed the meeting that work would be starting very soon.

Recycling – JP asked Cllr Nichol what was happening with the trail run of recycling as its been over a year – food supposed to be collected the same day as the other recycling. Cllr Nichol informed the meeting DGC need to save 17.5 million pounds over the next 5 years.

Mr Paterson thanked everyone for coming ‐ The meeting closed at 8.20pm.
The next meeting of Kirkcowan Community Council will be held on Monday 18th December 2017 at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan’s Hall.
Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary)

Completed Application Forms

for Funding from Kirkcowan Community Development Trust

The following applications were submitted to Kirkcowan Community Council for approval at their
meeting on 20th November 2017 :‐

  1.  Kirkcowan Hall Management Committee – Application for Christmas lights/decoration for hall. Application request of £275.99 less £200 from KCC = £75.99 ‐
    Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.
  2. Pilates ‐ Application for hall fees. Application request
    £132.
    Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.
  3. Kirkcowan Under 5’s – Application for hall fees and equipment. Application request
    £1196.32 ‐
    Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.
  4. Kirkcowan Bowling Club – Application to form opening in wall adjacent to cottages at Beech Grove, to enable machinery to get onto green. Application request £ 520 plus VAT = £624.00
    Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.

 

Once approved by Kirkcowan Community Council the applications then go to the Directors of
Kirkcowan Community Development Trust for approval.

Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary)