Kirkcowan – What's Going On?

Community Council – 16th May 2018

DRAFT MINUTES of Annual General Meeting ‐ Kirkcowan Community Council, held on
Monday 16th May 2018 at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan‘s Hall

Minutes – 16th May 2018

Present: Mr J Paterson, Mr J Adair, Mrs W Baird, Mrs A Dabner, Mrs J Mortiboy, Cllr Nichol, Mr D Conduit, Ms S Gray, Mrs W Wood, Mr R Drysdale, Mr M Gumersell, Mr A Gladstone,
Mr G Mortiboy, Mr D Harper, Mrs J Sommerville, Mr M Godfrey, Mr K Dean, PC G Stewart.

1. WELCOME BY CHAIRPERSON: Mr Paterson welcomed everyone to the meeting.

2. APOLOGIES: Cllr Hagmann, Miss C Wilson, Mr N Ward, Mr D McKenzie,

Minutes of last AGM accepted as a true and correct record ‐ Proposed Mr R Drysdale ‐ Seconded Mr M Gumersell.

4. POLICE MATTERS: PC G Stewart from Stranraer stated no major incidents to report in Kirkcowan.
Police are informing all Community Council about armed response vehicles (ARV). ARV will attend if they are the nearest unit to the incident; officers have enhanced medical skills too. Normal response time to a 999 call in rural area is 20 minutes, in a city 5mintes. PC Stewart to report back to DR about an incident. ACTION PC G STEWART.

Police informing people about doorstep crime, including cold callers over the phone. Do not give any personal or bank details to anyone who calls by phone or at your door.
JP requested feedback from the police about speeding cars out of Kirkcowan (Newton Stewart Road). Information was collated by DGC and sent to Police ‐ PC Stewart to report back JP ACTION PC G STEWART.
PC G Stewart stated call 101 with registration number, name of driver and the police will
contact people speeding.

JP read out his report on the events of the last year. He gave an update of applications received for windfarm grants – 24 grant applications received – total grant money awarded £100,70.75. JP thanked Councillors, office bearers and community council members for their help over the year and special thanks to Mr Jim Adair who retired as Vice Chair at this meeting but will still be a community council member.

6. ANNUAL ACCOUNTS: Annual Accounts for the year were presented and approved.
Proposed Mrs W Baird – Seconded Mr J Adair. Copy of approved accounts to be sent to DGC.
Balances Account No 1 ‐ £ 187.28 Account No 2 ‐ £ 15,252.71.

Chair Mr J Paterson Proposed Mr D Harper Seconded Mr M Gumersell
Vice Chair Mrs J Mortiboy Proposed Mr J Adair Seconded Mr M Gumersell
Secretary Mrs W Baird Proposed Mr J Paterson Seconded Mr D Harper
Treasurer Mrs A Dabner Proposed Mrs W Baird Seconded Mrs J Sommerville
Minute Secretary Mrs J Mortiboy Proposed Mr D Harper Seconded Mr J Paterson
Federation Mr A Gladstone Proposed Mr D Harper Seconded Mr M Gumersell
Machars Action Mr M Gumersell Proposed Mr D Harper Seconded Mr R Drysdale

Ward Event – If you have an idea for a ward event click on the link for more details and submit your proposal ‐‐Events

Turbine Trophy – 19th August 2018 at 2pm, Ballgreen. Agreed the JP would ask Mr and Mrs Harris to be judges again. ACTION JP. Bouncy castle to be organised. Rounders team required.
Craighlaw Arms ‐ bar and Caroline McCormick ‐ catering.

Cheques – JA queried about signing checks. AD to get bank mandate form to omit Vice Chair and add new Vice Chair. ACTION AD.

Dead Animals – WW queried whom should she contact to get dead animals (badger hit by car) lifted off the roadside. Let WB know and she will email the appropriate department.

Daffodils – WW wanted to say how nice the daffodils have been along the roadside at Craiglaw.

Union Jack – KD queried why the union jack flag is not put up on certain occasions.
Visit Scottish Government website this has dates on flying the flag.

See –  Flag Flying Guidance 2018

Conflict of Interest – JP suggested that anyone involved with making an application to Kirkcowan Community Development Trust, leave the room when a decision is being made.
Proposed Mr D Harper ‐ Seconded Mr M Gumersell.

Grass cutting to edge of park – Received cost from Ray Lewis Community Payback Officer ‐ all agreed £30 was acceptable.

Mr Paterson thanked everyone for coming ‐ The meeting closed at 8.45pm.

The next meeting of Kirkcowan Community Council will be held on Monday 18th June 2018
at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan’s Hall.

Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary)


Completed Application Forms for Funding from
Kirkcowan Community Development Trust

The following application was submitted to Kirkcowan Community Council for approval at their meeting on 21th May 2018

1. Kirkcowan Hall Committee – Open show ‐ Application for printing, trophies, Judges Lunch,
Silicone Armbands. Application request £524.40 ‐ Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council in
principle JP to ask advice on some wording discussing with Jak Kane.

Once approved by Kirkcowan Community Council the applications then go to the Directors of Kirkcowan Community Development Trust for approval.

Next Directors meeting TBC

The meeting closed at 9pm.

Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary