Minutes of meeting Kirkcowan Community Council held on Monday 17th September 2018
at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan‘s Hall
Present: Mr J Paterson, Mr J Adair, Mrs W Baird, Mrs A Dabner, Mrs J Mortiboy, Cllr G Nichol, N
Wilson Police Scotland, Mr D Conduit, Ms S Gray, Mrs W Wood, Mr K Tinker, Mr D Harper, Mr R
Drysdale, Mr M Gumersell, Mr A Gladstone, Miss C Wilson, Mrs H McWhirter, Mr M Godfrey, Mr C McEwan, Mrs J Sommerville, E Jack, M McCullough, L McKie.
1. Mr Paterson welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2. APOLOGIES: Cllr Hagmann, Mr D McKenzie,
3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Accepted as a true and correct record ‐ Proposed ‐ Mr R Drysdale Seconded – Mrs A Dabner.
4. POLICE MATTERS:
- 13th July female bitten by a dog – Dog Warden has been made aware.
- 20th July drone reported lost – Mr D Harper informed the officer that it was theft – N Wilson will look into allegation and report back to next meeting. ACTION NW POLICE SCOTLAND
- Microsoft scam regarding a problem with your computer, do not give any personal or bank details over the phone.
5. TRANSFORMING WIGTOWNSHIRE: Lynda McKie Project Manager for Health and Social Care at meeting. Need to make health and social care more sustainable, working together with
communities. For more information or to contact LMcK email Lynda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel – 07771381452.
6. TREASURERS REPORT: Account No 1 ‐ £ 107.28 Account No 2 ‐ £ 15,345.85
- Scottish Rural Parliament – 14th to 16th Nov, Ryan Centre Stranraer – Scottish Parliament with a programme of events – Cllr Nichol to forward programme to WB. ACTION CLLR N
- Scottish Resilience Communities Conference 30th Oct, Cambuslang – Free one‐day event. Anyone interested in going to contact WB for more details.
New CC Member – Peter McCallister has moved away, Charles McEwan, 9 Hamilton Crescent,
Kirkcowan, DG8 0HD co‐opted onto CC. Proposed Mr R Drysdale, 7 Meadow Park, Kirkcowan.
Seconded Mr J Adair.
Federation Meeting – AG reported to the meeting that a list of derelict buildings that are causing concern has been drawn up – 36 Main Street, Kirkcowan is one that has been identified. DGC not willing to serve notices Cllr N stated due to lack of resources.
Machars Action – Nothing to report
Community Benefit Fund – 25/10/18 Aries Windfarm meeting – due payment in April 18 still not received with legal team, JP received 25 page document. Killgallioch 27/09/18 JP and MG to attend.
Directors Ward visit 4/10/18. JP requested all to come to next meeting with some suggestions for larger projects to spend the fund on.
Village Hall – AGM on 4/10/18. Ceramics evening for adults. Craft Fair in November. Survey of hall should be available for next meeting. DGC will be stopping the cleaning of the toilets on 30/9/18. have quotes from 3 cleaning companies. Singing Group stopped therefore grant money needs to be returned. Received £200 for Christmas decorations from DGC. Halloween party 2 judges needed date of party to be confirmed. ACTION CW
Grass Cutting – Park grass getting cut regularly.
Spittal Bridge – MG (Martin Gumersell) informed the meeting after emails/meetings DGC Roads Department no longer clear vegetation/trees. Request to be sent to DGC from KCC Secretary and Parish of Penningham (Mark Godfrey). Cllr N stated he would investigate and report back to next meeting ACTION WB, MG, CLLR N.
Mr Paterson thanked everyone for coming ‐ The meeting closed at 8.45pm.
The next meeting of Kirkcowan Community Council will be held on Monday 15th October 2018 at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan’s Hall.
Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary)
Completed Application Forms for Funding from
Kirkcowan Community Development Trust
The following applications were submitted to Kirkcowan Community Council for approval at their
meeting on 17th September 2018
- KCC – Decoration of Generator Cabin – 2 quotes obtained £225 plus VAT and £390. Query as to why only 2 quotes when it should be 3. Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council in principle to go with the lowest quote after getting a third.
- Kirkcowan WRI – Application for hall and demonstrators fees. Application request of £184 Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.
- Carpet Bowling Club – Application for hall fees. Application request £396 ‐ Approved by
Kirkcowan Community Council.
- Angling Club – 10 year plan submitted, recommended to JP only allow for 3 year plan.
Application request for 3 years £2995 (£2190 Craiglaw and £805 Shennton) ‐ Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.
Once approved by Kirkcowan Community Council the applications then go to the Directors of
Kirkcowan Community Development Trust for approval.
Next Directors meeting 18th September 2018.
The meeting closed at 9.15pm.
Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary