Kirkcowan – What's Going On?

Community Council – 20th May 2019

Draft Minutes ‐ Kirkcowan Community Council AGM held on Monday 20th May 2019 at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan‘s Hall

Present: Mr J Paterson, Mrs W Baird, Mrs J Mortiboy, Ms S Gray, Miss C Wilson, Mr C McEwan, Mrs A Dabner, Mr J Adair, Mr K Tinker, Mr A Gladstone, Mrs J Sommerville, Mrs D McBain, Mrs D Kiltie, Mr D McBain, Mr G Mortiboy, Mrs J Markwell, Mrs H Johnston, Mr J Rae, Mrs L Parker, Mrs M Harkness, Mr W Harkness, Mr K Dean.

Mr Paterson welcomed everyone to the meeting.

APOLOGIES: Mr M Gumersell, Mrs W Wood, Mr D McKenzie and Cllr G Nicol.

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Minutes of last AGM accepted as a true and correct record ‐ Proposed Mr R Drysdale Seconded Mrs A Dabner.

POLICE MATTERS: Community Officer Constable Martin informed the meeting that Community Safety Team have been requested to make extra patrols regarding the fly tipping. Fly tipping reported to DGC still not collected. Link to fly tipping dumb dumpers run by SEPA – or report to DGC community safety team‐tipping or call 030 33 33 3000.

Male charged with offence under Communications Act 2003.

Reports received re fighting in the street, enquiries ongoing as male received facial injuries.

Vandalism of a car, large dent on offside front wheel.
Anyone has any information please ring 101. Link to Transerv to see roadworks in area –

Scam Marshal Scheme – email to request application forms.

CAM update – Specifically trained frontline staff will make dynamic assessment of threat, risk, harm, vulnerability when contacted

TREASURERS REPORT: Annual Accounts for the year were presented and approved. Queries with regard to item Class Income and Expenses requires clarification –
ACTION AD to get back to committee with answer. Proposed Mr J Adair – Seconded Mrs W Baird. Copy of approved accounts to be sent to DGC.

Balances Account No 1 ‐ £ 140.70 Account No 2 ‐ £ 31,829.40.

CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT: JP read out his report on the events of the last year.

He gave an update of applications received for windfarm grants – List of all successful grant applications on notice board in shop.

Offer put in to buy Kings Garage, however sold to someone else subject to conditions.

Offer to buy Jenna Morra woods no news to date.

Met Karen Brownlea (DGC) to discuss upgrade/development of Park .

JP thanked Councillors, office bearers and community council members for their help over the year and special thanks to Mr Jim Adair who retired as Vice Chair at this meeting but will still be a community council member.

Jackie Mortiboy requested all office bearers to remain as they are until October 2019 Community Council Elections – Proposed Janice Summerville Seconded – Robert Drysdale.

Chair Mr J Paterson Proposed Mr D Harper Seconded Mr M Gumersell
Vice Chair Mrs J Mortiboy Proposed Mr J Adair Seconded Mr M Gumersell
Secretary Mrs W Baird Proposed Mr J Paterson Seconded Mr D Harper
Treasurer Mrs A Dabner Proposed Mrs W Baird Seconded Mrs J Sommerville
Minute Secretary Mrs J Mortiboy Proposed Mr D Harper Seconded Mr J Paterson
Federation Mr A Gladstone Proposed Mr D Harper Seconded Mr M Gumersell
Machars Action Mr M Gumersell Proposed Mr D Harper Seconded Mr R Drysdale


Election of 2 community council members to Kirkcowan Development Trust: Proposed Jackie Mortiboy and Wendy Baird.
ACTION JP to notify Jak Kane.

Turbine Trophy – 18th August 2019 New Luce transport will be arranged. Invited to see new park.
Janice Summerville in charge of rounders team. Dave McBain in charge of dominoes team.

V in the Park – 5th – 7th July 1st outdoor vegan festival at Balloch O Dee Campsite.

Notice Board – Village needs notice board. Most people know to look in shop window.

Waste Meeting – DGC exercise to tick a box.

Hall Survey – waiting to hear from Hazel Smith who has until the end of June to get back to Hall Committee.

Beech Grove Corner – Lesley Parker wants to know if anything is going to be done about the speed cars come round corner or provide footpath? DGC painted slow signs in road and put up a sign they have no further funds to carry out any other work to the corner.

Gas for BBQ – Caroline Wilson queried if KCC wanted money for gas uses. No Charge Proposed by Janice Somerville Seconded by Shalla Gary – all agreed.

Mr Paterson thanked everyone for coming ‐ The meeting closed at 8.45pm.

The next meeting of Kirkcowan Community Council will be held on Monday 17th June 2019 at 7.30pm in the Lesser St Couan’s Hall.
Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary)


Alison Dabner contacted John Simpson from Montpelier regarding queries pointed out on Annual Accounts at AGM :‐

The first being mentioned by Andrew Gladstone in to reduce the Dickie Wood project spend to £850.00 and show separately the £540.00 spent on the Bus Depot survey. Somehow these had been amalgamated even though they are separate on AD records.

The second is to change the driver feedback signs windfarm fund from Kilgallioch to Glen Chambers as that is who funded that particular project.
Class income” is correct ‐ this is how they have detailed the hall fees monies coming in for the separate groups, which we hold on their behalf until invoiced by the hall committee

Completed Application Forms for Funding from Kirkcowan Community Development Trust

The following application was submitted to Kirkcowan Community Council for approval at their meeting on 20th May 2019

Autumn Club – Application for heated towel rail in wc and tubular heated rail in kitchen plus new consumer unit, 3rd quote required and received. Application request for £592.51 – Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.

Kirkcowan Hall Committee – Open show ‐ Application for printing, trophies, Silicone Armbands.
Application request £415.64 ‐ Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.

1st Kirkcowan Rainbows – Application for hall fees, outing, help towards uniform cost and badges. Application request £1,312.00 ‐ Approved by Kirkcowan Community Council.

Once approved by Kirkcowan Community Council the applications then go to the Directors of Kirkcowan Community Development Trust for approval.

Next Directors meeting 28th May 2019

The meeting closed at 9pm.
Jackie Mortiboy (Minutes Secretary