Providing free school meals and ensuring the welfare and support of our children and young people is a key priority for our council.
Due to the ever-changing circumstances of COVID19 we will make sure that a food pack is available to all children and young people who meet the criteria for free school meals. This does not include all children in P1-P3 who would normally receive a free meal, only those who meet the entitlement criteria:
- Income Support
- Job seeker’s Allowance (Income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income based)
- Child Tax Credit on its own, with an annual taxable income of less than £16,105 (subject to change)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of less than £6,900 (subject to change)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with a monthly earned income of not more than £610
Families must confirm that they want to be included in this scheme by completing the online form or or speaking to a member of the team on 01387 271112.
Delivery or collection available
This service will be provided every Tuesday and Friday and you can choose to have it delivered to your door or you can collect it from a central pick up point. Families will only receive this service if they complete the form (either online or over the phone) and this includes those families currently receiving a food pack delivery.
When the completed form has been received and processed delivery of the food pack will commence on the next delivery day. (This delivery service will start on Friday 3rd April)
The scheme will also run throughout the Easter Break.
Contact CV19schoolmeals@dumgal.gov.uk or call 01387 271112 if you have any questions.