Council Budget 2020/21
Thank you for your feedback in relation to the Council’s Budget. We’re now able to share what you, our customers, citizens and partners told us.
When asked ‘What 3 things does the Council do that’s most important to you?’, the most frequently provided answers were:
- Support for Learning
- Social Work
The 3 Budget Options agreed with most are:
- Increase fees and charges for Stranraer and Kirkcudbright Marinas
- Increased charges for Finance and Procurement additional services
- Increase charges at Council owned Caravan sites
36% of those asked agreed to a 3% increase in Council Tax and 41% preferred a 4.75% increase.
Many citizens and customers took the time to tell us what they think about the Councils Budget challenge and the Options proposed by Officers. (Please note that these are large files and may take a few minutes to download).
- Download Responses from Citizens and Customers – Part A [PDF – 25.95MB]
- Download Responses from Citizens and Customers – Part B [PDF – 19.25MB]
- Download Responses from Citizens and Customers – Part C [PDF – 7.74MB]
What happens next?
A report will be presented to Members of Dumfries and Galloway Council on 17 December 2019. This will give Councillors an update on the Budget Process Timetable and report the detailed feedback from the recent Budget consultation. You can find more information by clicking the link below: