Kirkcowan – What's Going On?

Windfarm Fund Survey

The Kilgallioch Windfarm Community Benefit Fund supports projects benefitting communities in Wigtownshire (Dumfries and Galloway) and South Carrick (South Ayrshire). The fund comes from annual payments from Kilgallioch Windfarm which is owned and operated by ScottishPower Renewables (SPR).  

Approximately £1.2 million is available each year for the operational life of the windfarm, anticipated to be 25 years, with 60% of the fund shared across Old Luce, New Luce, Kirkcowan and Barrhill (the primary communities). The remaining 40% is made available across the wider area. Click here to view a map of the primary communities and wider area: Kilgallioch Windfarm Community Benefit Fund map

In this survey, ‘Kilgallioch Windfarm Community Benefit Fund’ refers to all the arrangements provided via the SPR Kilgallioch Windfarm community benefit monies, including the Kilgallioch Community Fund (wider area fund) and the arrangements with the Primary Community Organisations (which are New Luce Community Trust, Old Luce Community Council, Kirkcowan Development Trust and Barrhill Community Interest Company).